Thursday, November 15, 2007

Learning Journal #1 11/15/07

I am absolutely excited about getting an opportunity to use technology with my students. Most teachers and librarians are now getting the opportunity to incorporate technology into their classrooms. Our librarian has been speaking to us about getting a hotmail account and then using this certain search engine through Hotmail so that our building can get a penny for every log-in we use. Sounds profitable, right? You were talking about how children nowadays are multitaskers. My daughter is struggling with our direction and instruction as parents. The child wants to do her homework in front of the television while listening to her iPod. Then she's texting like she's the pro.
She doesn't struggle with anything it just drives us nuts that she's doing all these things at the same time instead of completely focusing on one thing at one time. Most children are multitaskers and it's hard for us "older" people to understand something like that. I'm excited about this class. The book we're reading seems interesting and looks like we'll be engaged in reading. That's good because it's a pretty thick book. I'm also thankful that my blog site was also still up and running. I hope I can use it more often than I had been using it. Good luck with that, right??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Terri,

I know that there could be a lot of discussion about today's multitaskers...there's conflicting research on if students are actually getting things done right and acurately...good topic to bring up in class!

Have a good Thanksgiving!

Billie